Four different pieces of identification are required for a Police Check application.

  • One Commencement of Identity document
  • One Primary document
  • Two Secondary documents

If all four cannot be produced, please contact the Diocesan Safe Church Officer.

Below is a list of each type of document.  The most commonly used types are in bold.

  • Full Australian birth certificate (not an extract or birth card)
  • Current Australian passport
  • Australian visa current at time of entry to Australia as a resident or tourist
  • ImmiCard issued by Department of Home Affairs (previously the Department of Immigration and Border Protection) that enables the cardholder to prove their visa and/or migration status and enroll in services
  • Certificate of identity issued by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to refugees and non-Australian citizens for entry to Australia
  • Document of identity issued by DFAT to Australian citizens or persons who have the nationality of a Commonwealth country for travel purposes
  • Certificate of evidence of resident status such as citizenship certificate or equivalent