Four different pieces of identification are required for a Police Check application.
- One Commencement of Identity document
- One Primary document
- Two Secondary documents
If all four cannot be produced, please contact the Diocesan Safe Church Officer.
Below is a list of each type of document. The most commonly used types are in bold.
- Full Australian birth certificate (not an extract or birth card)
- Current Australian passport
- Australian visa current at time of entry to Australia as a resident or tourist
- ImmiCard issued by Department of Home Affairs (previously the Department of Immigration and Border Protection) that enables the cardholder to prove their visa and/or migration status and enroll in services
- Certificate of identity issued by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to refugees and non-Australian citizens for entry to Australia
- Document of identity issued by DFAT to Australian citizens or persons who have the nationality of a Commonwealth country for travel purposes
- Certificate of evidence of resident status such as citizenship certificate or equivalent