Any person engaged in one or more of the ministries below must undertake a Clearance for Ministry before they begin their ministry and on a regular basis thereafter to maintain authorisation to continue in their ministry.
The list below is also published in the Screening and Licensing for Ministry Guideline which is available in the Safe Church Document Library.
Group A: Clergy and Special Screening Categories
- All licensed deacons, priests and bishops including clergy with permission to officiate
- All members of religious orders engaged in parish ministry, including members living a Single Consecrated Life.
- Seekers (laypersons exploring ordination)
- Ordination Candidates (to deacon)
- Registrar, Diocesan Safe Church Officer or Director of Professional Standards
Group B: Church Governance & Administration
- Member of Bishop-in-Council & Director of Ballarat Anglican Diocese Corporation
- Member of Synod
- Member of General Synod
- Lay member of the Cathedral Chapter
- Churchwarden or a member of a parish council
- Parish treasurer or secretary (to parish council)
- Parish Safe Church Officer
- Persons with Team Leader and above access level on the Child Safe Safety Management Online system
- Any salaried or otherwise remunerated layperson who does not engage in 'child-related' work
Group C: Liturgical, Pastoral and Community Ministries
- Head Server, Serving Team coordinator, Verger or Master of Ceremonies.
- A server where children participate in the liturgical, musical or choral ministries of in that church.
- A person authorised to conduct a Divine Liturgy (Service of the Word)
- A person authorised to conduct a Divine Liturgy (Service of the Word with Communion by Extension)
- A person authorised to prepare and preach sermons during Divine Liturgy
- A person authorised to administer Holy Communion during Divine Liturgy (Eucharistic Assistant)
- A person authorised to administer Holy Communion in a home, health or aged care facility
- Music director or coordinator where children participate in the liturgical, musical or coral ministries of in that church.
- Musician (inc organists) or vocalist where children participate in the liturgical, musical or coral ministries of in that church.
- Children's group leader, coordinator, helper or worker (including Sunday Schools and youth groups)
- Small group leader where children who are not accompanied by their parent/guardian are present.
- Playgroup or Crèche coordinator
- Playgroup or Crèche worker except for parents/guardians where their children are actively present
- A person engaged in an evangelism or outreach program
- A person engaged in a parish run emergency relief program (not Anglicare)
- Home/hospital/aged care pastoral care coordinator or visitor
- Volunteer engaged in 'child-related' work not described in other categories.
Op shop coordinator or convener
A bus driver of children or elderly
Community meals coordinator or worker
Any salaried or otherwise remunerated layperson who is engaged in 'child-related work